"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved." -- Confucius

Monday, September 08, 2008

Catching up...

Okay, a few things have gone down recently and I figured my two cents were as good as anyone else's, so here goes:

Obama's 57 States gaffe - When I first heard people talking about this I thought Obama had just been joking in an "eight days a week" sort of way. But then I watched the clip on YouTube. Either was just having a brain fart as to how many states we here in these United States or he was joking and his delivery was awful. In either case, I'm not as concerned about him thinking that we have 57 States as much as I am worried that he apparently thinks (but lacks the stones to come right out and say, but that's pretty much par for the Democrat course) that Marxism is a good idea.

Oprah's no to Palin - "The item in today’s Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over." – Oprah Winfrey, September 5, 2008

Uhm... huh? Absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on her show? I mean, look, it's her show. She can have, or not have, anyone on her show that she wants. But kindly don't piss on my leg (or the legs of the rest of the country) and tell me it's raining. She, as the pronoun suggests, is a woman. The second one to ever be nominated for the office of Vice President of the United States, and the first ever to be nominated by the Republican party, not to mention a huge shocker of a reveal and a major news story, or rumormill story would probably be more accurate, and there was absolutely no discussion about having her on the show? That one doesn't even pass the giggle test.

As for not using her show as a platform for any of the candidates after publicly choosing a candidate and having him on her show twice, doesn't even make sense. Now, if she said "for any of the other candidates", that would have made sense. Heck, I would have even respected it. Kind of. I don't mind that she's in the tank for someone. Just come out and be honest about it. Gods know, how refreshing that would be from most of those on tv. But this statement is incredible in its weakness and in its gall. I know the leftist elite have trouble believing this, but we little people aren't nearly as stupid as you believe us to be. Stop making statements like this expecting us to swallow them.