"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved." -- Confucius

Monday, October 27, 2008

When Lynching is "Free Speech"...

When I heard about this story I couldn't resist thinking about going out, buying my own mannequin, except a male one instead of a female one and a black one instead of a white one, and dress it up in a nice custom tailored suit, or maybe just slacks, a tie and a buttondown shirt with the sleeves rolled up... and then hanging it up outside with a noose. You know, just to see how long it would take before the whole world came crashing down on me. I mean, if Chad Michael Morisette is right, then it "should be seen as art, and as within the month of October. It's Halloween, it's time to be scary it's time to be spooky" right?

Yeah... somehow I don't think I'd get the same amount of slack.