"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved." -- Confucius

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Of Asian Transsexuals and Other Musings...

The American people just elected their first black President. I'd say Hazzah! if, you know, people still said Hazzah! Well, that and if I thought, personally, it was a big deal. I don't. I'm a child of the 60s. In that I mean I was born in the late-60s. The struggle, the call, for equality has always been a part of my life. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his speeches weren't new for me, they were a part of historic record. Things to think about and find the wisdom in them. Good news, it worked. As a result, I treat people; men or women, black or white, gay or straight, rich or poor, pug ugly or smoking hot... et cetera the same. I treat them like people. Which, as odd as it sounds, tends to totally mess with people's minds for some reason. It's funny how folks who don't want to be thought of as stereotypes get flummoxed when you don't act like a stereotype.

The long and short of it is that I want the person I feel is best suited for the job to have the job irrespective of their skin tone or their plumbing and would feel the same way if the news was the American people had just elected their first female Vice President. I'd vote for a one-legged Asian transsexual if I thought she he she could do the job. Personally, I don't believe that President-elect Obama is the right person for the job.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I mean, the guy's been steeped in Marxism his entire life and without a "come to Jesus moment" akin to a Klansman seeing the light and going to work for the Southern Poverty Law Center to point to, I'm not buying the claims that he has, and will govern from, a centrist viewpoint. Not that I thought Sen. McCain was all that spiffy, because he's not. And with his loss, perhaps the Republicans will knock it off with the RINO progressive-lite stuff already. Who knows?

But if folks want to make a big deal out of this "historic event", go nuts baby. On that front I say, "Way to go America. Now go get a real job there Rev. Sharpton." Well, that and up yours Europe. Ya buncha racists.