"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved." -- Confucius

Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Joe... no, not the a$$hole one...

Lieberman in talks about caucusing with Senate GOP

Lieberman's affiliation with Democrats is up in the air. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, angered by Lieberman's support of Republican John McCain for president, is considering yanking Lieberman's chairmanship of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee as punishment.


Not surprised by this move any more than I'm surprised that the vindictive Democrats are coming after Sen. Lieberman. The thing I find... well... I can't really say troubling... I guess. I mean, it's not a surprise that they're doing this. It's the whole call for bipartisanship thing the President- and Vice President-elect have been going on about. Which, again, I know is an utter load of bullcrap in a way reminiscent of the Martians from Mars Attacks saying "We come in peace!" over and over as they death-rayed the batsnot out of the human populace. By "bipartisanship" they mean, don't fight. Sit down, shut up, and let us rule. But still, it would go a long way if President-elect stepped up for Sen. Lieberman.

Yeah... yeah... not holding my breath. I mean, he didn't step up to defend Gov. Palin from some of the most viscous attacks ever heaped upon another human being during the campaign. Or condemn the illegal invasions of privacy Joe the Plumber went through. So I don't really expect him to be man enough to come to Sen. Lieberman's aid.