"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved." -- Confucius

Sunday, August 29, 2004

The Mini Winnie Is Seeing 'Ghosts'

I received the ghost ring sights I ordered from XS Sight Systems Saturday.

Ghost rings get they're name from the rear sight aperture. It's essentionally a peep-sight with a thin rim and larger opening. When positioned relatively close to to the eye, the ring sort of disappears. Like a ghost. They provide for better and quicker target acquisition. Better than the old buckhorn setup. And are easier to adjust the windage and elevation, again better than the buckhorn setup.

Seeing as everyone from hunters to SWAT members use 'em and people like Jeff Cooper consider them a Good Thing, they're definately something to have on the SHtF gun that I'm looking for.

I installed the rear sight and removed the front blade today. This week I'll be heading to the range to do the job of mounting the front blade properly. Can't wait. All's left is to get the W&E squared away and I'll be set. At least as far as the sighting goes. Now I just need to find a blank for the empty dovetail left over from where I removed the rear buckhorn.